About a week ago a friend of mine called. He was so excited and started off by asking me: Dude, have you heard heard of the World Wide organic farm thing? It’s Free!!! I couldn’t believe he had never heard of it. My friend is an political science/economic intellectual so i was shocked he didn’t know about WWOOF. If he doesn’t know you might not know. So what is WWOOF? It is a fun, educational, and inexpensive way to see the world. You can travel abroad, or stay in your own country and explore the places you always wanted to visit. You pay for your travel expenses, and your room and board is covered by the host family with whom you’re staying.
World Wide Opportunities in Organic Farming
- WWOOF is a world wide network of organisations.
- They link volunteers with organic farmers, and help people share more sustainable ways of living.
- WWOOF is an exchange – In return for volunteer help, WWOOF hosts offer food, accommodation and opportunities to learn about organic lifestyles.
- WWOOF organisations link people who want to volunteer on organic farms or smallholdings with people who are looking for volunteer help.
- grow organically, are in conversion, or use ecologically sound methods on their land.
- provide hands-on experience of organic growing and other learning opportunities where possible
- provide clean dry accommodation and adequate food for their volunteers
If you enjoy organic, sustainable food and adventure maybe this is for you!