I just launched my Positive & Empowering clothing line 4onelove.com In that spirit I present a new study by the Kauffman Foundation about what is going to spur on the small-business era. The answer: Young entrepreneurs.
- 54 percent of Americans aged 18 to 34 want to start their own company, but just 8 percent of them own businesses now.
- The biggest barriers to entrepreneurship: A lack of access to credit and an undue amount of risk.
- Forty-four percent more African-Americans and Latinos reported being interested in owning businesses than did white young people.
- 92% of the respondents wanted greater access to “education and training so people have the skills and information they need.
- In addition to increasing access to capital and training, 81 percent of the young people surveyed support student loan relief to start companies.